This Beef Tomato soup with pasta is comfort food on a cold day.
Make it in your Instant Pot for a fast and easy dinner.
Need a quick filling dinner? This Beef Tomato Pasta soup recipe can be made in your Instant Pot or on the stove top. With a pressure cooking time of 30 minutes, dinner will be on the table in no time. And it’s healthy and hearty so it’s perfect to add to your family meal plan.
Instant Pot Beef Tomato Pasta Soup Recipe
Often, beef and pasta soup is made with ground beef. This recipe instead uses stew beef, although you could use hamburger meat instead.
What do I Need to Make Beef Tomato Soup with Pasta?
- stew beef
- stewed tomatoes
- Italian parsley
- beef broth
- pasta such as rotini or macaroni
- cheese and herbs for topping
In the instant pot add in the chopped onions and stewing beef, and give a good stir.
Add the stewed tomatoes and stir them in. Then add in the basil and parsley.
Start adding the remaining ingredients by first adding the beef broth and water. Then add the pepper and stir well. No salt is needed as the tomatoes should have all the salt needed.
Place the lid onto the instant pot. Set the valve to sealed position. Press pressure cook or manual button and set timer to 30 minutes. Once the instant pot stops counting and beeps release the pressure.
While the soup is cooking, make the pasta on the stove top as per directions on box. Drain and add to the soup. Stir and you’re ready to serve.
Serve in a bowl topped with grated parmesan cheese and more chopped fresh parsley. Serve alongside a green salad; add a hearty loaf of bread and you’ve got a complete meal!
- Add any kinds of vegetables you like for extra vitamins and nutrients.
- Use ground beef and onion instead of stew beef for this Beef Tomato Pasta soup.
- Use fresh diced tomatoes instead of canned tomatoes.
- Change up the variety of herbs. Italian seasoning spice would be a really good choice!
- Switch up the pasta and use macaroni or even broken spaghetti noodles.
This Instant Pot Beef Tomato soup is an economical and hearty meal for your family.
More Easy Recipes
These simple Deviled Eggs are like comfort food – so creamy, so good
Need breakfast on the go? These Healthy Chocolate Pumpkin muffins are what you need
Over 2 weeks of cheap meal ideas for when the budget is tight
Beef Tomato Pasta Soup (Instant Pot)
- Instant Pot
- 1 white onion, diced
- 2 lbs stew meat
- 2 14.5 oz cans stewed tomatoes
- 1 bundle Italian parsley, chopped
- 1/2 bundle basil, chopped
- 1 32 oz carton beef broth
- 2 cups water enough to hit the max line
- 1 tsp cracked black pepper
- 6 oz rotini pasta
- grated Parmesan cheese
- fresh parsley, chopped
- In the instant pot add in onions, beef, and give a good stir.
- Add in stewed tomatoes, parsley, and basil.
- Fold in the herbs then pour in the beef broth and water.
- Add in pepper. Stir well.
- Place the lid onto the instant pot and set the valve to sealed position
- Press pressure cook or manual button and set timer to 30 minutes.
- Once the instant pot stops counting and beeps release the pressure.
- Cook the pasta stove top as per directions on box.
- Drain the pasta and add to the soup.
- Serve in a bowl topped with parmesan cheese and fresh parsley.