This Beef Tomato Soup with pasta is the perfect comfort food on a cold day. Make it in your Instant Pot for a fast and easy dinner!
Why You’ll Love This Beef Tomato Soup Recipe
Need a quick filling dinner? This Beef Tomato Pasta soup recipe can be made in your Instant Pot or on the stove top. With a pressure cooking time of 30 minutes, dinner will be on the table in no time. And it’s healthy and hearty so it’s perfect to add to your family meal plan.
Often, beef and pasta soup is made with ground beef. This recipe instead uses stew beef, although you could use hamburger meat instead.
- onion – a flavorful ingredient that goes well in almost any soup.
- stew beef – you can also use hamburger meat if you prefer.
- stewed tomatoes – these tomatoes are larger and softer than typical diced tomatoes and add a lot to this soup!
- Italian parsley – for a classic Italian flavor.
- basil – pairs well with the parsley.
- beef broth – this goes best with the beef already in the soup, but vegetable broth would also work.
- peppercorns – for extra flavor and warmth.
- pasta – rotini or macaroni work great for this soup!
- cheese and herbs – for topping.
- In the instant pot add in the chopped onions and stewing beef, and give a good stir.
- Add the stewed tomatoes and stir them in. Then add in the basil and parsley.
- Start adding the remaining ingredients by first adding the beef broth and water. Then add the pepper and stir well. No salt is needed as the tomatoes should have all the salt needed.
- Place the lid onto the instant pot. Set the valve to sealed position. Press pressure cook or manual button and set timer to 30 minutes. Once the instant pot stops counting and beeps release the pressure.
- While the soup is cooking, make the pasta on the stove top as per directions on box. Drain and add to the soup. Stir and you’re ready to serve.
- Serve in a bowl topped with grated Parmesan cheese and more chopped fresh parsley. Serve alongside a green salad; add a hearty loaf of bread and you’ve got a complete meal!
- Add any kinds of vegetables you like for extra vitamins and nutrients.
- Use ground beef and onion instead of stew beef for this Beef Tomato Pasta soup.
- Use fresh diced tomatoes instead of canned tomatoes.
- Change up the variety of herbs. Italian seasoning spice would be a really good choice!
- Switch up the pasta and use macaroni or even broken spaghetti noodles.
- This soup can also be made on the stovetop. Cook the onions in some olive oil, then add the rest of the ingredients as instructed. Bring to a simmer and cook for about 10 minutes, then add the pasta and cook an additional 10 minutes. You may need to adjust the cooking times based on what kind of pot you use.
- For a more robust flavor, brown the stew beef before adding to the instant pot.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. This recipe is great to make in large batches for meal prepping!
This Instant Pot Beef Tomato soup is an economical and hearty meal for your family.
More Easy Recipes
- These simple Deviled Eggs are like comfort food – so creamy, so good.
- Need breakfast on the go? These Healthy Chocolate Pumpkin Muffins are what you need.
- Over 2 weeks of cheap meal ideas for when the budget is tight.
Instant Pot Soup Recipe
If you enjoy this recipe for tomato soup with pasta, please be sure to rate it 5 stars below! And print this off or save it to your recipes folder!
- 1 white onion, diced
- 2 lbs stew meat
- 2 14.5 oz cans stewed tomatoes
- 1 bundle Italian parsley, chopped
- 1/2 bundle basil, chopped
- 1 32 oz carton beef broth
- 2 cups water, enough to hit the max line
- 1 tsp cracked black pepper
- 6 oz rotini pasta
- grated Parmesan cheese
- fresh parsley, chopped
- In the instant pot add in onions, beef, and give a good stir.
- Add in stewed tomatoes, parsley, and basil.
- Fold in the herbs then pour in the beef broth and water.
- Add in pepper. Stir well.
- Place the lid onto the instant pot and set the valve to sealed position
- Press pressure cook or manual button and set timer to 30 minutes.
- Once the instant pot stops counting and beeps release the pressure.
- Cook the pasta stove top as per directions on box.
- Drain the pasta and add to the soup.
- Serve in a bowl topped with parmesan cheese and fresh parsley.
- To make this soup on the stovetop, cook the onions in some olive oil, then add the rest of the ingredients as instructed. Simmer and cook for about 10 minutes, then add the pasta and cook 10 minutes more. You may need to adjust the cooking time based on the pot you use.
- Brown the beef before adding for extra flavor.
- Leftovers can be stored in the fridge for around 5 days. This recipe is perfect for meal prep!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 320Unsaturated Fat: 0g
First Published January 2021; Updated September 2021