This simple Deviled Eggs Recipe is going to be a family favorite!
Deviled eggs are a delicious and easy appetizer to make. These deviled eggs take just a few ingredients and are a perfect snack to make for parties and holiday potluck gatherings.
They’ve been a popular party snack for decades and everyone loves them!
Simple Deviled Eggs
What are the Ingredients for Deviled Eggs?
This recipe uses just a few very simple ingredients that you probably already have on hand in your pantry. All you need is:
How to Boil Eggs for Deviled Eggs
Place the eggs into a medium or large size saucepan and cover them with water. Bring this to a boil and then cover with a lid. Reduce the heat and cook until eggs are done.
Meanwhile, combine the mustard, salt and relish in a separate bowl and mix together well. Add mayonnaise and mix again.
Remove the pot from the heat and let the boiled eggs sit. You could also cook your eggs in an instant pot.
Meanwhile, put ice and cold water in large mixing bowl. Add the cooked eggs and let them sit in the ice water for a couple of minutes. Peel and carefully slice the eggs in half lengthwise.
Remove the yolk, using a melon baller or any small spoon and add the yolks to the bowl with the mayo mixture.
Mix this together well, using a mixer or by hand with a wooden spoon. You want the final result to be creamy and smooth.
Fill a piping bag with the mixture and use this to fill the egg whites. If you’re wanting classic deviled eggs, use a star tipped tube with the piping bag. Or if you like, you can just use a melon spoon or a small teaspoon to fill the eggs.
Sprinkle lightly with paprika and transfer to a serving plate. Keep the delived eggs in the fridge until it is time to serve them.
Different Flavor Alternatives for Deviled Eggs
There are many flavor alternatives for changing up this recipe. Use delicious options like the following to change the taste of the egg yolk mixture.
- hot pepper like Jalapeno
- fresh or dried herbs such as parsley, chives, lovage
- use hot relish or a spicy pickle relish instead of sweet relish
- add a few drops of hot sauce
- spices such as smoked paprika or chili powder
- use a home made mayonnaise recipe like this one
How Long are Deviled Eggs Good For?
Due to the ingredients, such as eggs and mayonnaise, deviled eggs should be kept in the fridge before serving. Leftovers need to be stored in the refrigerator and eaten within two days.
Change up this Simple Deviled Eggs recipe by coming up with your own favorite flavor combinations!
More Easy Recipes
These Instant Pot Smashed Potatoes are fast, easy to make and healthy!
Need breakfast on the go? These Healthy Chocolate Pumpkin muffins are what you need
Over 2 weeks of cheap meal ideas for when the budget is tight
Simple Deviled Eggs
- saucepan with lid
- measuring spoons
- mixing bowl
- ice cube trays
- piping bag with decorative tip (optional)
- mixer (optional) or mixing spoons
- 6 eggs
- 3 tbsp light Mayonnaise
- 1 tsp yellow mustard
- 3 tsp sweet relish
- 1/8 tsp salt
- In a large pot, cover 6 eggs with water. Bring water to a boil.
- Once the water is boiling, cover with a lid, reduce heat to low/simmer and allow to cook for 7 minutes.
- In a medium sized bowl, add light mayo, mustard, relish and salt together. Set aside.
- When eggs are ready remove from heat and allow to sit for another 2 minutes in the covered pot.
- While you're waiting for the extra 2 minutes, put ice and water in a large bowl.
- When the eggs are ready, place them in the ice water bath. Leave for 2 minutes.
- Gently peel the eggs and slice lengthwise down the center of the egg.
- Remove egg yolks and place them into the bowl with mayo, mustard, relish, and salt.
- Using a mixer, mix the ingredients until well combined and smooth in texture.
- Spoon the mixture into the egg whites or place the mixture into a piping bag with a decorative icing tip.
- Sprinkle lightly with paprika.
- Store in fridge until ready to serve.