This Instant Pot Peanut Chicken is a sweet and spicy dinner idea!
Looking for a fast but delicious dinner? You can change up this Instant Pot Pepper and Peanut Butter Chicken depending on whether you like it mild or whether you enjoy some extra spice!
This healthy meal with lots of vegetables is the perfect choice for a busy weeknight when you’ve got plenty else to do! And it serves 6 so it’s great for a large family.
Or, save your leftovers for another night or to take for lunch to work.
With only a 15 minute prep time, it’s a quick recipe to get ready for your Instant Pot, where it cooks for 25 minutes.
Recipe Ingredients for Peanut Butter Sweet Pepper Chicken (Instant Pot):
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Sweet peppers
- Sugar Snap Peas
- Peanut butter
- Coco aminos or soy sauce
- Chili sauce
- Minced Garlic
- Sesame seeds for topping
How to Make Sweet Pepper Peanut Chicken
Rinse chicken breasts and then slice the breasts into 3/4 inch pieces. Place chicken pieces into your instant pot.
Place the lid on the instant pot and turn the valve to the sealed position. Press pressure cook or manual button and set timer to 20 minutes. Once the instant pot stops counting and beeps release the pressure. Drain the juice from the instant pot.
Meanwhile, wash all the vegetables. Then, dice the sweet peppers into small pieces. Trim the broccoli florets if needed.
Add in broccoli, sweet peppers, and sugar snap peas. Turn your Instant Pot onto sauté mode. Place lid on the pot and steam for five minutes.
While that’s cooking, mix together peanut butter, the remaining coco aminos or soy sauce, garlic, chili sauce, and ginger.
Whisk very well and then pour over the chicken and vegetables. Mix together well so the meat and vegetables are well coated.
Once the vegetables are to your preference of tenderness, turn off pot and serve with rice and topped with sesame seeds.
Instant Pot Sweet Pepper Peanut Butter Chicken
- Instant Pot
- 5 boneless skinless chicken breasts sliced into strips
- 2 heads broccoli cut into florets
- 1/2 bag sweet peppers washed and diced
- 1 bag sugar snap peas
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup coco aminos or soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp chili sauce
- 1 Tbsp garlic
- 1 Tbsp ginger
- 1 cup water
- sesame seeds for topping
- Place sliced chicken into the instant pot.
- Pour in one cup water and 1/2 cup soy sauce or coco aminos (soy free).
- Place the lid onto the instant pot and turn the valve to the sealed position.
- Press pressure cook or manual button and set timer to 20 minutes.
- Once the instant pot stops counting and beeps release the pressure. Drain juice.
- Add in broccoli, sweet peppers, and sugar snap peas.
- Turn on saute mode. Place lid on the pot and steam for five minutes.
- Mix together peanut butter, the remain coco aminos or soy sauce, garlic, chili sauce, and ginger.
- Whisk well and pour over the chicken and vegetables. Mix well.
- Once the vegetables are to your preference of tenderness, turn off pot.
- Serve with rice and topped with sesame seeds.
More Instant Pot Recipes:
These Smashed Potatoes are a fast and delish side dish
A bowl of this Meaty Tomato Pasta soup is comfort on a cold day