Here’s a nutty granola recipe that will become a breakfast favorite at your house!
Looking for a sweet healthy breakfast option? If you love nuts and spices, you will want to whip up a batch of this Brown Butter Nutty Granola.
This breakfast recipe makes 8 servings and only takes 15 minutes to prep! Easy to make a batch, use some and just store the rest in an airtight container for a quick healthy breakfast.
Brown Butter Nutty Granola Recipe
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but often it’s hard to make sure everyone eats well in the morning. It’s a rush, rush, rush to get ready for the day and then get out the door.
A healthy breakfast like this granola over some Greek yogurt is an ideal way of getting the protein, calcium, vitamins and minerals you need.
Plus, it makes a large enough batch that you’re bound to have leftovers. Perfect for the following week. Or, use them as the topping in an Apple Crisp, which is great for breakfast or as a dessert!
Here are the Ingredients for Homemade Brown Sugar Nut Granola
- old fashioned oats
- brown sugar
- unsalted butter
- pure vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 150 degrees C. Fry almonds and cashews in a little butter and set them aside. The nuts will be added to the granola mixture later.
In a small pan on a medium heat, melt the butter and stir in the brown sugar. You could use the microwave instead on your stove for this step.
Remove from the heat and add vanilla extract.
In a large bowl, combine the oats, fried almonds, cashews and cinnamon. Then, pour the butter mixture over the oats and nuts mixture and stir until combined.
Pour everything into a baking tray. Bake for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes to achieve an even color.
Remove from oven, cool, add the raisins and transfer to a large bowl. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
Enjoy this Nutty Granola recipe on busy weekday mornings!
More Recipes You’re Going to Love!
Need a fast dinner? This Instant Pot Sweet Pepper Peanut Chicken is the answer tonight!
These healthy Pumpkin Chocolate Muffins are great for breakfast on the go!
These Simple Deviled Eggs are perfect for the potluck!
Brown Butter Nutty Granola
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 4 tbs brown sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 6 tbs unsalted butter
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- · Preheat oven to 150 degrees C.
- · Fry almonds and cashews in a little butter and then set aside.
- · In a small pan on a medium heat, melt the butter and stir in the brown sugar.
- · Remove from the heat and add vanilla extract.
- · In a large bowl, combine the oats, friedalmonds, cashews and cinnamon.
- · Pour the butter mixture over the oats and nutsmixture and stir until combined.
- · Pour everything into a baking tray.
- · Bake for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
- · Remove from oven, cool, add the raisins and transfer to a large bowl.
- · Store in a airtight container at room temperature.